Swedish massage - (which is a proper name, not a reference to Sweden) refers to a collection of techniques designed primarily to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
Offered to women only
The benefits include
- Relaxes muscles. Increase circulation.
- Remove metabolic waste products.
- Speed venous return from the extremities.
- Shortens recovery time from muscular strain.
- Flushes the tissue of lactic acid, uric acid and other metabolic wastes.
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons, keeping them supple.
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system.